Welcome to the Emergency 2.0 Wiki family of websites. These sites are brought to you and managed by Emergency 2.0 Wiki Ltd (ACN 154 919 801), an Australian not for profit charitable company limited by guarantee.
The Emergency 2.0 Wiki aims to help build community resilience by providing a free open access public digital reference library and knowledge hub with information sourced in Australia and internationally, relating to using social media and new technology in emergency prevention, preparation, response and recovery.
By definition, emergencies involve danger to people and property, and the consequences of using social media are unpredictable. You will understand that to protect Emergency 2.0 Wiki Ltd, Emergency 2.0 Wiki participants and contributors and users of the Emergency 2.0 Wiki sites, itâ€™s necessary to set out some conditions and notices concerning the Emergency 2.0 Wiki sites, how contributions are made, and what the limitations are.
By accessing the Emergency 2.0 Wiki sites or by using the Emergency 2.0 Wiki sites, you confirm you are over 18 years old and that you have read, agree to and will abide by the following Conditions of Use:
Accessing and using the Emergency 2.0 Wiki sites forms an agreement between you and Emergency 2.0 Wiki Ltd under these Conditions of Use. If any of these Conditions of Use are not acceptable to you, you must not access or use these sites.
In these Conditions of Use:
- you means you as the reader or user of or participant in the Emergency 2.0 Wiki sitesÂ and includes any organisation you represent or work for in doing so;
- Emergency 2.0 Wiki means the Emergency 2.0 Wiki website
- Emergency 2.0 Wiki sites means:
- Emergency 2.0 Wiki personnel means those persons with rights or powers to engage in administering the Emergency 2.0 Wiki sites over and above ordinary users. These include Emergency 2.0 Wiki Ltd and its officers, employees, contractors, volunteers and agents, the owners of the servers upon which this website is housed, and any Emergency 2.0 Wiki project administrators, system operators and sponsors; and
- Emergency 2.0 Wiki participant includes you, Emergency 2.0 Wiki personnel, Emergency 2.0 Wiki contributors, authors and
editors, and anyone else who is in any way connected with the Emergency 2.0 Wiki sites
If any term or provision of the Conditions of Use is held by a court to be illegal, invalid or unenforceable, that term or provision will be severed from the Conditions of Use and the remaining terms and conditions will be unaffected.
The Conditions of Use are governed and construed in accordance with the laws of Queensland, Australia and you agree to abide by the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Queensland.
Emergency 2.0 Wiki Ltd may amend these Conditions of Use from time to time. Â You should check the Conditions of Use regularly as each time you use or access the Emergency 2.0 Wiki sites, you agree to the Conditions of Use as amended.
Third party websites
Several of the Emergency 2.0 Wiki sites are hosted by third parties such as Twitter, YouTube, the SlideShare Channel and LinkedIn.Â The owners of these sites have their own terms and conditions concerning liability, acceptable use, copyright and privacy which are outside of the control of Emergency 2.0 Wiki Ltd or other Emergency 2.0 Wiki personnel. Â When using any third party site, the terms and conditions of the owner of the site will apply to you and may in some cases prevail over these Conditions of Use.